Department of Industrial Engineering and Economics
School of Engineering
Tokyo Institute of Technology
東京工業大学 工学院 経営工学系 助教
Last updated / 最終更新日: Oct 2, 2023
About Me / 自己紹介
I am an assistant professor in School of Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology (Tokyo Tech). Before comming to Tokyo Tech, I spent seven years working as an industrial researcher at Fujitsu. Currently, I’m interested in modeling techniques and algorithms on mixed-integer optimization and related problems. In particular, solving mixed-integer conic optimization problems is one of my ongoing research projects. I am also interested in applications of mathematical optimization to other engineering fields such as machine learning, production planning, and so on.
News / 近況
- Aug 7, 2023: Our paper has been accepted to PRICAI 2023:
- M. Higashi, M. Sung, D. Yamane, K. Inamuro, S. Nagai, K. Kobayashi, and K. Nakata: Decision tree clustering for time series data: an approach for enhanced interpretability and efficiency, The 20th Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
- July 7, 2023: Our paper has been accepted to a workshop at KDD 2023:
- K. Oh, N. Nishimura, M. Sung, K. Kobayashi, and K. Nakata: An IPW-based unbiased ranking metric in two-sided markets. Causal Inference and Machine Learning in Practice, Workshop at KDD 2023.
- May 1, 2023: Our new preprint has been available:
- K. Kanamori, T. Takuya, K. Kobayashi, and Y. Ike: Counterfactual explanation with missing values. arXiv preprint, arXiv:2304.14606 (2023).
Research Interests / 研究の興味
- Mixed-integer Optimization / 混合整数最適化
- Conic Optimization / 錐最適化
- Mathematical Optimization / 数理最適化
- Operations Research / オペレーションズ･リサーチ